Sponsored by Hisense USA Corporation
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Hisense 2017 Dual Threat Challenge Twitter Contest, (the “Contest“) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, excluding residents of Alaska and Hawaii, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (19 in NE and AL and 21 in MS). Void where prohibited. Employees of Hisense USA Corporation (“Hisense” or “Sponsor”), Kwittken, LLC (“Administrator”), Just Marketing, Inc., CSM Productions, Inc., Twitch Interactive, Inc., Twitter, Inc., Joe Gibbs Racing, Charlotte Motor Speedway, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, promotion and administration agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of Contest, and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns (collectively the “Sponsor Affiliates”), and their immediate families (parents, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) are not eligible to enter Contest.
- SPONSOR: This Contest is sponsored by Hisense USA Corporation, 7310 McGinnis Ferry Road, Suwanee, Georgia 30024.
- Administrator: This Contest is administered by Kwittken, LLC, 160 Varick St., New York, New York, 10013.
- TIMING: The Contest begins from the time the promotion tweet (the “Promotion Tweet”) is published by the Hisense Twitter page on or about April 11, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on or about May 2, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. EST, or, in the alternative, the dates and times specified in the Promotion Tweet (the “Promotion Period“).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Promotion Period, an individual (an “Entrant” or “Entrants”) can enter the Contest by producing and uploading an original video (up to a maximum of :30 in duration) or an image that demonstrates why the Entrant should win a chance to game with Clint Bowyer, Erik Jones, and the Evil Geniuses team. Each Entrant must include the program hashtags #HisenseDualThreat and #contest to be a valid entry (an “Entry” or “Entries”). Entries must be original works and must not contain any obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language or imagery, nor can Entries make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature or an illegal or immoral act. Entries containing obscene content or any content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, is unfit for a general audience, will be disqualified. All Entries in the Contest drawing have an equal chance of Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Limit one (1) Entry in the Contest drawing, per person, during the Promotion Period. Anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter Contest will be ineligible. Sponsor will not be responsible for lost, incomplete, illegible, late, misdirected, stolen, or mutilated Entries; technical or mechanical malfunctions; errors in the Official Rules, in any related ads or materials; or processing error. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the Twitter handle used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the Twitter handle by Twitter, Inc. Any potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entry constitutes consent to participate in Contest and for Sponsor Affiliates to obtain, use, and transfer Entrant’s name, address, and other details for Contest administration purposes.
- VOTING STAGE: Eight (8) finalists will be selected by Sponsor and Administrator from all valid Entries received (a “Finalist” or “Finalists”). Finalists will be selected to compete in the voting stage based on several factors, including, but not limited to, the quality of the Entry, the creativity of the Entry, the amount of activity or engagement that the Entry can or did accrue, and how well the Entrant represents Sponsor’s brand. On or about May 8, 2017, Sponsor will announce each Finalist via Sponsor’s Twitter account (Twitter.com/hisense_USA). The voting stage will then commence and will end on or about May 16, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. EST, or, in the alternative, the date and time specified by Sponsor’s Twitter notification (the “Voting Stage”). Any natural person may vote in the Contest. A vote is tallied when a voter navigates to http://www.hisensedualthreat.com and follows the instructions to vote for a favorite Finalist. Limit one vote, per person, per day, during the Voting Stage.
- CONTEST WINNERS: The two (2) Finalists with the highest vote totals at the conclusion of the Voting Stage will be deemed the contest winners and will be awarded prizes. Winners will be notified via telephone or direct message on Twitter and then contacted thereafter via electronic mail. If a prize winner is not eligible to win, or if Hisense is unable to contact the winner after a good faith effort, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. Limit one prize per person for the Contest.
- SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING: SPONSOR’S DECISIONS AS TO THE ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATION OF THE CONTEST AND THE SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. A FINALIST IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, UNLESS AND UNTIL FINALIST’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL GAME PLAY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND FINALIST HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR’S CLOCK IS THE OFFICIAL CLOCK FOR PURPOSES OF THIS CONTEST.
- VERIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: The potential Contest winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Winners must successfully respond to the Twitter direct message and any subsequent correspondence notifying him or her that he or she is a winner. The potential prize winners must sign and return any required Affidavits of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Prize Acceptance forms and any other requested forms. Upon successful completion, the prizes will then be awarded.
- PRIZE: The Contest winners will receive the following prize:
One (1) of Two (2) trip packages for winner and one (1) guest to Charlotte, North Carolina to meet and greet Erik Jones, Clint Bowyer, and the Evil Geniuses Team and to attend the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup and Xfinity Series races at Charlotte on the May 26-28, 2017 race weekend. Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Charlotte, North Carolina; three (3) nights’ accommodations (single room, double occupancy) at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; four (4) days’ use of a rental car (compact class) to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion; two (2) tickets to attend each of the Xfinity Series and Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races on May 27 and May 28, 2017; two (2) credentials for Victory Lane access; a Hisense prize pack; and a $100.00 gas card. Winners must depart on May 26, 2017 and return on May 29, 2017 or prize will be forfeited. (ARV – $1,999.00)
Total ARV of all prizes: $3,998.00
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: The prizes are awarded “As-Is”. Neither Sponsor nor Sponsor Affiliates make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Contest or the prizes. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, is non-transferable and non-exchangeable, with no cash redemption or substitution except that Sponsor and/or Administrator retains the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater retail value (or at Sponsor’s election, the cash value of the applicable prize). Each winner is solely and fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) on the value of the prize and, if applicable, will be issued an IRS 1099-MISC tax form for the retail value of the prize. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to, any taxes and other expenses incurred by accepting the prize, are the sole responsibility of the Contest winners.
- ENTRY CONDITIONS AND RELEASE: By entering, each Entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules; (c) agree to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations; (d) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor Affiliates and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s shareholders, officers, directors, employees, members, assigns and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s Entry, creation of an Entry or submission of an Entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of the prize (including any activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of Entry; and (e) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor Affiliates from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or Entrant’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in this Contest constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and/or Administrator which are final and binding.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s Entry, name, likeness, image, photograph, voice, biographical information, opinions and/or hometown and state of residence for trade, advertising and publicity purposes, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration or notification. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the winner for any reason Sponsor deems necessary. The prize (and/or prize documents if applicable) returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor Affiliates are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Entry or voting process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant’s Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another Entry in the Contest. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
- DISPUTES: Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest or the determination of winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Georgia State Court located in Gwinnett County, Georgia; (c) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Georgia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Georgia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Georgia.
- CONTEST RESULTS: For Contest results send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope (residents of VT may omit return postage) to Winner List, Hisense 2017 Dual Threat Challenge Twitter Contest, C/O Just Marketing, Inc., Attention: Kevin Fey, 10960 Bennett Parkway, Zionsville, IN 46077, USA. Requests for the winner list must be received by June 30, 2017.